Goa has always been one of my favorite weekend getaways! Literally a 45 minute jump, a jump and a snapshot on a plane and you’re navigating breezy summer streets lined with palm trees and the promise of epic meals, naps, and the tan you needed all locked up!
Here are just 12 of the many things that I loved about this family trip, where I decided to include as much in our itinerary as humanly possible. And it didn’t even stop Instagram All weekend. Proud of me? I am!
However, Goa is not done with you so I will be back asap. Until then, enjoy my weekend antics and feel free to add to this list for my next visit!
12 things to do on a preseason weekend in Goa
- Pose with trees (or branches).
- Go up to Candolim beach and give your toes to the sand!
3. Airbnb to Villas Aalia for the comforts of home with an attached pool no less. Also, I was literally tripping over the fact that almost everything was only 7-15 minutes from our villa.
Professional advice: Rent a car for the weekend. It is usually 2,500 per day for 8 hours and 80 km. It’s worth it!
4. Dance the night away in Beach House To a mix of Bollywood and retro English with a live band and a beautiful photo opportunity!
5. Come home and marvel at Mom’s mini basketball skills, as she almost always throws skins. Nowshad in the face with a ping pong ball for a delightfully long time! Okay, this was a clear advantage for me.
6. Wake up in paradise and enjoy a day of absolute leisure at the villa. Including a delicious breakfast prepared by the villa staff upon request!
Professional advice: Ask the staff to organize an impromptu spa in the villa and ask some local masseurs to do foot massages for everyone.
7. Game night at the villa! This time learning to play Code names disconnected. Which is much more difficult than you think! Remember when apps were confusing and real life wasn’t? Forget it!
8. Head to lunch at Jamun. Enjoy another delicious meal in a beautiful old villa surrounded by lush trees and happy travelers.
9. Don’t waste your time and make a quick change to head to the first #MagicHour Sundowner of its kind in The Westin Goa. Hosted by Shveta hail, Acquin Country and Hermit Sethi. Witness some legendary DJ skills during sunset and cocktails too!
10. The next stop will be dinner at Shacks, where the food is absolutely BEYOND. (Plus, you’re basically sitting inside a plant nursery and feeling massively connected to nature in your own leafy monkey.
11. Wake up to a breakfast delivery from The Westin Goa complete with croissants and avocado toast.
Professional advice: Must visit again The Westin to discover what other delicacies they have. One of the main ones is the fact that you go out from your balcony to the pool. Remind, ‘Ghar, ghar ke aage balcony, balcony ke aage garden, garden ke aage samundar! ‘
12. Order and collect hamburgers from Burger factory for lunch and be a great friend and bring something for your friend Bunty Who thinks this is the best hamburger in the world?
Professional advice: Always book one more foot massage before your flight. Because you will never forget how good it felt and it will always be worth it.
13. COUSIN: Rinse and repeat this every 4-6 months for best results!
PS: If you are looking for something fun to do with friends and family get them involved in all your silly reel ideas, they will definitely have fun, I swear!
For more such travel stories and recommendations, be sure to follow @missmalinilifestyle!